Translate

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Journey so far.

So, I was all set to attending college for the spring semester. I got my dorm keys and my student I.D, and have already moved into the dorm itself. I signed up for my classes, and attended them on my first week there. At the end of the week I decided that I'd like to go home and see my parents, so i packed my bags and headed home. During my stay, I was emailed that I would have to pay out the remaining balance on my college that my financial aid did not pay, or enroll in a payment plan. I owed a big chunk of change, and it was going to cost 1600 just to enroll in a payment plan. which is half of the remaining balance. What kind of payment plan is that? Half up front and half later? I'm only 19 and not a rich person, you can't have a payment plan for people like me? Monthly payments?? Seriously?? Anyway, I went to the bank to see about credit or a loan, which neither was granted to me due to being only 19 and never having credit before. So I made the decision that will forever affect my life for a long while. I dropped out of my classes and packed up my dorm and left. I moved back in with my parents and started looking for a job until i could get back on my feet. So far I have not had any luck with the job, and I am sleeping on the couch until i can get a bed, or hopefully get a job to get an apartment. I have no idea where I will go from here. As I am writing this, I am staying with my uncle and his fiance for a little while, just a mini vacation.

To add to all the odd and kinda sucky things that are happening to me, one of my best friends may be moving to Prattville because he MAY have gotten a job at Wal Mart. So not only is one of my best friends already down in Millbrook, an hour trip from where I live, but the other one MAY be leaving me to live away from me. So BOTH of my best friends will not be near me. I know I will live, its not all that heart breaking but I like having one friend close, close enough that I can go pick him up and we can drive off somewhere and just hang out.

However, I can't focus on that right now. I need to find a job and get my life in order. I need to get back in school, some school, and get an education. That is what I need to do. But why do I feel like I am not being pulled in that direction? Why do I feel like that is not what I am meant to do, but something I am forcing myself to do? I know that I need the college education. These are things I know. That is what I am sticking with.


Until Next Time,
Mr. M

No comments:

Post a Comment